Sunday, September 21, 2008

Introduction about myself

An excerpt from my introduction profile I had in my company's website:

...It’s amazing how time flies – at the time of writing, I’m riding into my ninth week in CSIT. Looking back, I tried to recollect why I joined CSIT in the first place: At the beginning, there was the job fair in NUS, and then the career seminar in School of Computing. And I saw that what it was is good. Entranced by a swashbuckling demonstration crafted by folks from here and there, and then thereafter meetings with them men and women who spoke of their work with pride and passion, I was hooked. Months later, my first job application landed me my first job. Of course the promise of work-life balance persuaded me a little, for in the midst of achieving work excellence, we do need to find time to meddle in life’s little indulgences.

Such as forgetting about our world whilst escaping into another with a real good book. Such as mocking our equatorial sun by chopping and splashing chlorinated water in your neighbourhood pool. Such as enjoying a good meal – doesn’t have to be break-your-piggy-banks expensive—with those few close ones. Such as catching up with three other khakis on a well-known board game that’s guaranteed to bring in fun and laughter, peace and joy. Such as sticking through thick and thins, for two hours each week, with a treble-award-winning soccer club. Such as playing the afore mentioned sport that’s most watched but seldom played in Singapore (most played is pool, really). Such as participating in death matches in alternate realities like GoW, MGS, NG, DotA and CoD. Such as dreaming to leave my foot prints on every inch of mother Earth...

No comments: